Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt

From: Don de Silva
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt
Date: 10 May 2002 12:09:49 +0000

> > Nick Hockings wrote:
> >> To back this up I am recruiting a team of volunteers around the UK who are
> >> willing to install and maintain free software in their local MP's offices.
> >> The
> > How are you going about this? I think the LUGs and PM groups could be a
> > useful resource here. Also a little publicity to attract further
> > volunteers - I'm sure such a project could get at least a small news
> > mention in both UK Linux mags.

One way of entry to Parliament would be through the Parliamentary Select
Committee for Science and Technology, who has the IT brief.

Background information on the Committee, its members, and contact
details, can be found at:

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/selcom/s&thome.htm

MEMBERS:

Gibson, Dr Ian (Chairman)
Dhanda, Mr Parmjit
Harris, Mr Tom
Heath, Mr David
Hoban, Mr Mark
Iddon, Dr Brian
McWalter, Mr Tony
Murrison, Dr Andrew
Smith, Geraldine
Spink, Bob
Turner, Dr Desmond

Perhaps a meeting with some of them, and a then an open meeting at HOC
to brief interested MPs about the work of AFFS, GNU/Linux etc.

Don de Silva
Head, IT
The 1990 Trust
http://www.blink.org.uk