Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:43:40 +0100

Martin WHEELER wrote:

> I belong to that generation which was taught to use 'organize' and
> 'organization' as the standard spelling, even though the variants with
> 's' were also in use at the time; moreover the Oxford English
> Dictionary has always given 'organize' as the primary form, with the 's'
> form as a variant.
> (The Cambridge Dictionary will doubtless give it arsy-tarsy -- but they
> would, wouldn't they? :)

I've just had to bite the bullet and make
the adjustment - it counterbalances all those
changes where I refuse to budge ;-)

> as well as Computer Capitals
> On Every Bloody Word, so as a

Surely one can blame that on A A Milne ;-/

"Georg C. F. Greve" wrote:

> Please take a look at the attached complete press release and let me
> know whether something slipped past my attention. If you agree that it
> can be published like this, please let me know, I would like to push
> it through the FSF Europe press release mailing list before I have to
> travel to Paris tomorrow.

Seems fine to me :-)

(I'm not going to pick over minor points of English as it's
all perfectly clear and understandable - and Marc has picked
up on the "American" spellings of organise and organisation).

- Richard

btw Georg, our interview with you for LinuxPro (The new
Linux Format supplement) hits the newsstands this week
- I've just posted you a copy.

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format