Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:34:42 +0100

Dear Georg!

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 02:59:43PM +0200, Georg Greve wrote:
> Please take a look at the attached complete press release and let me
> know whether something slipped past my attention. If you agree that it

I would recommend to consistently use British spelling throughout the text.
It looks a bit funny to me, that the AFFS part uses British spelling
(obviously!) and the FSFE part uses American spelling. I've marked the
relevant bits below.

> can be published like this, please let me know, I would like to push
> it through the FSF Europe press release mailing list before I have to
> travel to Paris tomorrow.

Apart from the spelling, I have no objections against an immediate release.

> "Experience indicates that it is crucial for the adoption and
> understanding of Free Software within a country to have the community
> of that country organize itself in competent local organizations."
                  organise                           organisations
                  ********                           *************
> said Georg Greve, President of the FSF Europe. "Therefore we were very
> happy to see the UK community taking the big step forward with the
> creation of the AFFS and we gladly welcomed them in our network of
> associate organizations. This brings UK people, press and politics the
            organisations
            *************
> chance to interface with Free Software and the FSF in a more immediate
> way than ever before."

> About the Free Software Foundation Europe:
>
> The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSF Europe) is a charitable
> non-governmental organization dedicated to all aspects of Free
                   organisation
                   ************
> Software in Europe. Access to software determines who may participate
> in a digital society. Therefore the freedoms to use, copy, modify and
> redistribute software - as described in the Free Software definition -
> allow equal participation in the information age. Creating awareness
> for these issues, securing Free Software politically and legally, and
> giving people freedom by supporting development of Free Software are
> central issues of the FSF Europe, which was founded in 2001 as the
> European sister organization of the Free Software Foundation in the
                  organisation
> United States.

Bye,
Marc