mailing address [was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application]

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: mailing address [was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Associate status application]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:51:49 +0100

Marc Eberhard wrote:

> > Should we think about a permanent mailing
> > address (e.g. a PO box)?
>
> I'm happy with both possibilities (leaving it as it is or changing to a PO
> box). What are the advantages / disadvantages of a PO box compared to a c/o
> address?

advantages

1. Avoids confusion about independence of organisation
from host address.

2. Remains permanent across changes of officers/
secretaries/ whoever handles the post we receive:
No need to change address after it becomes established
and well-known.

disadvantages:

1. Needs setting up (time and money)

2. Needs maintaining (not much time, but regular
money - smll for PO box, slightly larger for
business mailing address).

3. Slower - slight delay as mail is forwarded/ collected

- Richard

Similarly we could have a permanent
0870 'phone number, forwarded to Mark
or whoever else volunteers to answer