Re: [Fsfe-uk] education sector

From: Neil Darlow
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] education sector
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:58:55 +0100

Hi Martin,

On Monday 01 Jul 2002 21:37, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> You will be amazed at just how hard and dirty this animal will fight --
> particularly in the UK education sector, where perception of non-M$
> products is virtually nil, and a virtual state of war usually exists
> between ICT support staff and knowledgeable students with a copy of
> Tom's Root/Boot in their shirt pocket.  (This sort of situation does not
> help the reputation of restriction-free software one little bit, btw.)

A somewhat bigger challenge would be to get the examination boards to
acknowledge, in their sylabii, that Office solutions other than M$ Word and
Excel exist. I can't see them rewriting the schemes of work for suites like
OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--
Preserve Freedom of Choice! | Say No to TCPA! | Say No to Palladium!
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <address@hidden>