Re: [Fsfe-uk] NCC Filetab for Linux

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] NCC Filetab for Linux
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:56:00 GMT

Tom Weiss <address@hidden> wrote:
> For example, a primary school is likely to be very cost conscious, and
> also keen to train pupils in technology that they are likely to use in
> later life. The way to sell free software is probably on cost, and on
> the availability of windows-like GUIs.

Are you sure about the cost bit?  I feel that the right way to sell it is on
the freedom to have any service provider that they choose work on it in the
future.  Many schools have been locked in to players like RM in the past
(and many still are) and have been burnt by this, but don't realise that
there is another way to buy software.
--