Re: [Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman 1st seminar

From: Gordon Joly
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Richard Stallman 1st seminar
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:04:24 +0000

RMS outlined three types of works in his thoughts on copyright

1) Teaching technical

2) Artistic - novels

3) Monographs - the thouhts of a single author

He suggested that the copyright might expire in different timescales for each
class. For the first, copyright expired immediately - no copyright.

****

I wanted to ask Stallman which class the GNU Public Licence (GPL) full under?

****

I know Larry Wall has "the Artistic Licence" for Perl:-)

Gordo

--
Linux User No. 256022///
http://pobox.com/~gordo/