Re: [Fsfe-uk] Upcoming Exhibitions

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Upcoming Exhibitions
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:28:54 +0000

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 01:18:38PM -0000, Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> > - should be interesting to as many people as possible whilst targetting
> > those likely to be most in need (e.g., no preaching to the choir),
>
> Shouldn't we be going to general computing / Microsoft Expos, to do that.
> Surely anyone who has made it to a Linux Expo is already in the choir.

Oh, agreed, absolutely :) Unfortunately, when I've looked at this
previously it violates our 'should be cheap' principle :( Also, we
don't want to be seen as antagonistic - although, with Microsoft
supposedly turning up at LinuxWorld, there's no reason why we
shouldn't return the compliment!

The 'not preaching to the choir' is not always the case anyway. Often,
people interested in GNU/Linux turn up (not everyone who attends is a
current user). The London Expo last year was also good, because the
Linux Expo shared with some Web Strategy thing, so we did get some
cross pollenation.

That all said, if anyone could suggest at event where people would be
receptive to our message, please pipe up.