Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:11:20 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Alex Hudson wrote:

> I think it unlikely that we will ever have a completely public voting
> system (like I know some other orgs have), but I guess even that could be
> up for discussion.
>
> > I assume that Ian and Adam are now (or will shortly be) members of the
> > AFFS committee. I wish them the best of luck with what will surely be a
> > challenging post.
>
> That is the case. We will of course be saying something officially,
> hopefully around this time next week.

When was the vote? I don't remember seeing anything about it after the AGM
where it was deferred with a statement that there would be a vote open to
the membership.

I know that Marc stated there is no need to have an election if there are
not more applicants than posts however if the number of applicants == the
number of posts ( or <= ) how is it that there seems to have been no
position for Andrew?

If there were only two positions there should have been an election.

If there were three positions and Andrew's election to the committee has
been blocked without any reference to the membership something seems to be
wrong to me.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/           ADSL Broadband available now