Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal

From: Martin WHEELER
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:59:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Mike Taylor wrote:

> I think at the very least it is incumbent on the committee to explain
> publicly why they felt Andrew's appointment would would have been "not
> appropriate".  These things shouldn't be done in a corner.

Hear, hear.

I am seriously beginning to wonder whether I wish to continue
participating with the work of this organisation if it's going to
descend so quickly into in-fighting, back-stabbing and general
blazer-badge-politician pseudo-intrigue for personal gain.

All organisations have controversial figures; individuals who can't
stand one another; and others who are out to make a commercial profit
from their position within the organisation.

Can someone clearly explain what's going on here?

And how many others like me feel that they should now stand for office,
just to force things out into the open?  (Because, quite obviously, and
like it or not, the bunch we've got at the moment manifestly can't cope.
Change is needed.)

Seriously,
address@hidden                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/