Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:29:59 +0100

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:52:25AM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:
> > I can say I would have preferred to have a different process. This is
> > going to be one of the things we're going to announce:
>
> Again, this demonstrates the fact beautifully. I don't think these things
> should be just "announced"

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that we're obviously
going to say something officially about the process, and part of that
announcement is going to include some certain specifics on part of the
brokenness.

> simple email saying "we're having x, y, z problems with our current
> constitution, we're working on it to fix them, comments welcome"?

Well, that's what I'm hoping will happen - that's why I've asked that we
delay talking about specifics of any new process on this list until the
others get back and we actually finish off this one.

> I did actually ask Alex and the committee to open up the debate to the
> membership prior to the "election" and after the decision. This has been a
> learning process for the committee, and hopefully next time the same
> mistakes won't be made.

Well, the process shouldn't be in the hands of the committee, so I'm hoping
we don't have the opportunity to make the same mistakes again.