Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Free Libre Open Source Software

From: Adam Moran
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:04:08 +0000

Hi Tom,

Sorry its taken me so long to reply. I've been busy elsewhere.

On 12/01/04 09:06 Tom Coady wrote:

> Adam Moran said the following on 12/01/2004 02:46:

"As a team the Community Programmes, thinks that the web is a publishing medium and that it enables the development of 'androgogy', that is self-directed learning. We feel that we should be involved in the development of tools that people can deploy for their own purposes."

Perhaps they would consider supporting the FSFE list as well. I am sure we could really use their help, when we are not learning androgogiously.

I think you are right to point on how the mode of production of both groups is the same. I think that is what I was aiming at in my CRISmas Carol [1] post here:

This system [CRIS] enables us to author FLOSS, and other group learning
artifacts, which are both more useful and less labor intensive than those
produced by the money-system artifact.

I was thinking in terms of web based resources as the 'other group learning artifacts' when I wrote the above.

> Adam Moran said the following on 12/01/2004 02:46:

I am unsure how long this infrastructure will last in its present form. I trust that the lessons learnt by the ICT sector in these centres will be refined in future community activity.

Sounds like a really well sorted strategy. Congratulations on creative use of taxation. Makes me feel happy to pay tax.

I don't think any of us should be defeatist. What we are managing to produce *despite* the dominance of an older mode of production is really quite remarkable. And *despite* the conditions in which we find ourselves, we can still intervene for the better.

I re-purposed a few site diaries from old jobs this week as an example of how I think this could / does work. [2]

[ox-en] [BUG] Something is *rotten* in the state of Debian

--
Adam

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/fsfe-uk/2003-12/msg00118.html
[2] http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg02013.html