Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft

From: Simon Morris
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC News partnership with Microsoft
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:24:29 +0100

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 13:12 +0100, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> Why isn't there a move here, among publically funded administrators,
> as there is in the US and European states, for more open technology?

Nic,

Can you point to examples of these "moves" in Europe?

You ask why this isn't happening in the UK and the answer is fairly
simple.. because we aren't driving it through.

Personally I have some spare time and energy to devote to this kind of
work but it isn't always apparent which is the best direction to expend
that energy.

If you can provide examples of existing campaigns elsewhere that are
pushing for more open technology we can start to develop our own plan.

Thanks

~sm