Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Flash-equivalents

From: Rob Myers
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Flash-equivalents
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:31:23 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:

Hehe:
   **** This file had errors that were repaired or ignored.
   **** The file was produced by:
   **** >>>> Acrobat Distiller 7.0 (Windows) <<<<
   **** Please notify the author of the software that produced this
   **** file that it does not conform to Adobe's published PDF
   **** specification.

Oh that's funny. :-)

At a quick glance, that doesn't seem to state its sources either.

I think it *is* the source. ;-)

Maybe Flash is pretty common, but I don't think those figures are satisfactory. They look more like marketing than statistics.

Yes I agree. Even if 98% of the computers on the internet have Flash installed (rather than just 98% seeing a site that you cannot access without Flash. er...), Flash has been around for a decade and that 98% won't all be the latest version. Some may even be running FutureSplash...

There is still a *lot* of Flash out there though.

- Rob.