Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help

From: George McLachlan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:59:08 +0000

It may have more to do with the fact that there may not be enough people
to carry out the work. Having spent my work placement in Wales (albeit
South Wales) I have to say the majority of Welsh people that I met,
could not (or were not willing to learn) Welsh. This is just my
observation.

It also has to be said that you have to be pragmatic when managing a
project, so perhaps a lack of demand has meant that support has been
dropped.

Of course the beauty of FOSS is that anyone who wishes to revive it is
free to do so. So the ball is now in the lap of the native Welsh and
Irish speakers who wish to see it included again.

George