Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:24:06 +0000

> As I mentioned before, I think the format is a technicality.
>
> I do think the FSF should make a priority of supporting content-creation
> software, because no-one will switch to a different format if the tools
> aren't there.

+1, only slight issue is Adobe might sue them for infringing its patents
but I doubt they would be successful.

> I have no idea who - if anyone - is in any way well placed to develop
> such software, though.

I know Tony Cheal did some very good stuff like this back in the old
Acorn days so probably there is expertise around, its finding money or
motivation or both to get it done. I would think at least some of what
is in Inkscape would be usable.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications