Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:10:02 +0000

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:59:02AM +0000, Alex Hudson wrote:
> I'm not sure I can speak for other companies too much, but my impression
> is that training in the UK for anything related to free software is
> pretty much very quiet. For programming language training it seems to be
> viable, and for some specific web apps, but aside from that it's pretty
> tough - I'm pretty sure one UK org. found it couldn't even give training
> away if it was offered for free in many instances.

There are a number of companies offering training in free software -
GBDirect (www.gbdirect.co.uk) is just one that I can think of. The UKUUG
also runs tutorials several times a year on topics such as RT (which I
believe the gnu.org webmasters use so it *must* be good!):

http://www.ukuug.org/events/rt/

There are other groups as well, but I think such training is generally
offering by quite small companies who most people might not have heard
of.

Paul

--
Paul Waring