Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:23:46 +0000

Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
> If the FSF were to put its weight behind open formats rather than
> Flash, we'd reach your "any time soon" much sooner. Then there'd be
> fair competition between the open and closed *formats*.

I'd like to see the FSF and all its advocates stop their effort at
retronaming Linux as GNU+Linux, putting the backs up of many people who
are on their side to start with, and instead help GNU GPL license
enforcement.  There's many, many violations by companies shipping
hardware, as any subscriber to gpl-violations.org can tell, yet despite
us telling gpl-v...org or the FSFE's Freedom Task Force they're
unfortunately too undermanned to respond or inform the public of their
progress.

Cheers,

Ralph.