Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:03:50 +0000

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 11:17:30AM +0100, Andrew Savory wrote:

> And let's be honest, most of us will continue to favour our Luddite
> tendencies and will eschew HTML in favour of good clean text. But for
> those occasions where we forget to flip the bit, or where "the rest of
> the world" want to join the conversation, we should be liberal in what
> we accept.

Apparently at the moment the list accepts HTML and tries to convert it
to text.  As long as it does that I'm happy with it, I don't think that
it should block HTML and so people can send what they like.  Note that
replies which are copied to the originator will get there in HTML plus
the list-mangled text version.

I don't know whether the list software supports it, but how about an
option to say whether you want to receive list traffic in text-only or
HTML format?  I've seen mailing lists which have that sort of option
(along with digests in text-only or encapsulated RFC 822 format).

Chris C