ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:13:48 +0200

Hey Alex!

    >> Since I do not desire to be dennounced, prosecuted and finally
    >> sanctioned or expelled from the event (especially considering the
    >> physical pain and inconvenience of attending due to my very recent
    >> accident) I withdraw my intention to lecture "Introducing GNU Posh" at
    >> the GHM, as it is not compliant with the policy described in the page
    >> above.

    Sorry to hear we'll be missing out on the talk — are you sure it is
    incompatible with the guidelines?

The main reason why my talk violates the current policy is that it mocks
and somewhat ridiculizes the very rich aristocratic people, including
their appearance and the affectionated manners usually associated to
them [1].

On some other slides I also make fun of people begging for money in
internet... of the mediagoblin mascot... and probably other things I
can't recollect right now.

All that combined with my foul mouth...  yes, I am sure the policy would
be compromised :(

[1] For example: our mascot (Uncle Gnubags) is defined as a "despicable
    high-class old fashioned snob".  Pic attached.