ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:13:15 +0200

Luca Saiu <address@hidden> writes:

> If by mistake I offend a listener, I will apologize.

Problem is, if you do that, and it happens to be the nth time the
listener is treated in a similar way, he/she won't tell you about it. So
you don't get a chance to apologize, you're just pretty unlikely to
communicate with that person any time soon.

Hence, there's an important difference between randomly offending, and
offences following bad, all-too usual, and well-known patterns.

Best regards, and best wishes for the ghm,
/Niels