Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?

From: Joey Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more fruits?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:24:27 -0400

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
On 3/11/06, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
??? i disagree!
you trust the open source programmers to be able to programm
a good game but not to do a good map? look at other games
where there are map editors (counterstrike). there if an
unexperienced player tries to do a map nobody would ever
want to play that one but still there are good and balanced
maps cause people do them.
don't try to put in the code what should be done by the
map-designer

greetings, leo

Actually, I don't trust open source programmers to program a good
game. Look on the linux game tomb, you can find hundreds of fairly
shitty games that a developer finds the time to work on for the first
year but then loses interest. I certainly don't trust people to make
good maps, and if they can make crappy maps, they will. This goes
along with "Give a user a button, and they will eventually click it."

But I trust Glob2's programmers! :)
I really don't see a problem with maps. Bad maps that are made just wont be played... and good ones will. And to help that along.. I think it would be cool if you could rate all the maps some how. :)