Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan

From: Cyrille Dunant
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Thats it, we need a plan
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:09:20 +0100

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 00:42, Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> nct, no offense, but I didn't start this thread to talk about those
> two particular items or simply to say that we need a roadmap, i
> started this thread for everyone to post what they want done and then
> we can port it to a specified roadmap. IIf you don't mind, plese post
> your suggestions about SGSL and the map edit GUI rewrite *ON THIS
> THREAD*. You do seem to be ignoring the broad point of why i started
> this thread. *We need* to put everything we want done on this thread,
> in long paragraph format, to be discussed (if nesseccary), and sooner
> or later ported to the wiki.

Wisdom tells us that big plans have little effect... I think nct's point is
that there is no point in making a desired-feature-list. If you have a cool
idea, code it. If the core lacks some functionality, say it or code it.

If you believe the gameplay lacks in certain respects, describe precisely what
is needed.

developper MLs are different than user forums in that they are meant to be
technical in nature.

A "big plan" will serve no purpose, unless you have "specific solutions"

CU

 -- CFD