[glob2-devel] I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map editor

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] I am taking upon the task as to redesign the map editor
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:38:14 -0800

After all that I've said about the system being un-learnable, I am
taking it upon myself to try and revamp the map editor. But, I have
several questions:

What is with this Game/GameGUI seperation? A game is a game, a game
doesn't draw itself on the screen, yet its obvious that it is in the
Game class that map drawing and minimap drawing gets done. But that is
not the function of a "Game". That seems much more logical placed in a
"GameGUI" class, however, there already exists such a class, and it to
handles some of the drawing! What a bundle of joyous confusion of bad
design .. (no offense)

What is this seperation? I think we should move a little code around
to make this easier to use and understand.

I'm trying to make the map editor be consistant with the in game-play,
yet that seems an impossible goal to achieve, as all this drawing code
is seperated, how am I supposed to properly draw things in the right
plane?