[glob2-devel] increasing our workforce

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: [glob2-devel] increasing our workforce
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:07:10 +0100

I'd like to make "increasing our workforce and the number of users"
our top priority.

If anyone has a good idea how to achieve this - please reply.
Is it really feasible to rewrite the network code (Bradley) in a
reasonable amount of time?

I wonder how many users we have.
Is it possible to count the number of users that regulary play
or the number of glob2 network games per week?
How about getting the numbers of network games for each day and hour,
like a schedule?
Are there enough players to do a tournament and is the network stable
enough for this?
When would be the best time for this?
Could we implement a glob2 ladder (despite the network bugs)?

How many users create maps?
Can we make user votes on maps and put the results on our homepage?
Are there maps that promote quick games (30 minutes)?

We could implement campaign like games, where every side is played
be a human player.  Thereby advanced players can play against less
advanced players without having to hold back.
Also games could be much faster, since the building phase already happend.

If we ask our users to learn c++, could that possibly work?

--
Kai Antweiler