Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Brand new wiki theme, hope to make it default

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Brand new wiki theme, hope to make it default
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:23:51 +1200

Just an update:

>Text headers. Faster loading, and easier to modify later.

Done, and fixed a few bugs in the process. Now you can edit the menu without breaking the design ^_^

>No link background. More of a personal opinion, but I think it makes the links stand out too much.

Done. The background only shows on hovering, so it looks nicer now ^_^

>More colors in logo. or at least different shades of blue, all one color is kinda boring.

I might be able to change the middle text to yellow and the right glob to pink. Not sure yet. Will give it a try though :D

Anti-aliasing. It helps make any design smoother and more "pro".
Transparency. Rounded corners look awesome, but having a box surround them ruins the effect.

Still working on it. No luck yet.

If you have any other comments, please tell me. I'm still hoping to make this the default theme.

It now works with

Firefox 2 (Windows / Linux)
Opera 7 (Windows)
Opera 8 (Windows)
Opera 9 (Windows)
Internet Explorer 7 (Windows)
Konqueror (Linux)

I'm working on getting Internet Explorer 6 working as well. When that happens, I think I might have covered about 95% of the browser world (not many people use <IE6  or  <Opera7, and Firefox 1.5 web standard are about the same as Firefox 2, so they should work well. So, off I go to fix IE6 :D
--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/