Re: [glob2-devel] still getting same crashes

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] still getting same crashes
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:32:14 +0100

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

> To assist Brad in fixing these bugs, please download the latest source
> tarball,

Already done.  Thanks very much for packaging it for me!  (I'm
assuming you mean the one named “0.9.1-20070801.tar.gz”.)

> compile using
>
> scons CXXFLAGS="-g -pg"

Could this please be made the default?  We only need to allow
non-debugging versions for official releases.

(By the way, why do you want “-pg”?  That generates profiling
information, not debugging information.  Maybe you meant “-ggdb”?)

> and run glob2 using gdb once compiled
>
> gdb ./src/glob2
>
>>>run
>
> When you get a crash, type bt into the console, and copy all output from the
> start of the run to the end of the bt.
>
> Then output the content here.

I think it is only the crash when drawing areas after choosing a brush
that Bradley stated he could not reproduce, but I think he will be
able to reproduce it with the additional information I sent.

If I hear any of the others can not be reproduced, I will be happy to
send more information.

>>Were any of these thought to have been fixed?
>
> Not that I know of. I believe Brad said they all work fine for him

I only saw him state he could not reproduce the bug involving drawing
areas after choosing a brush.

> (but inlight
> of more information regarding these bugs in another thread (please try to keep
> the threads together from now one), he might be able to find something.

Why should distinct topics not have their own threads?

--
Joe