Re: [glob2-devel] still getting same crashes

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] still getting same crashes
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:25:44 +0100

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

>     You still have to use the mouse to place the areas.  That's when you get
>     the crash.
>
> Ok, I can reproduce this bug, and the one about making workers less than 0.

What about the crash that occurs every time I quit a game?  Can you
reproduce that?

> It doesn't crash when it hits 21, but what it does do, once 20, is not allow
> me
> to reduce workers either :P I cant get it to 19 :P Another bug? (or did you

Now that you mention it I remember this strangeness.  I didn't report
it because I didn't understand what was happening well enough to make
a report.  I think when the count is at 20 (the maximum), the keyboard
command to reduce the count stops working.  However, you can still use
the mouse to reduce the count.

I think the fix should use the _same_ code should be used for both the
mouse and keyboard actions, so that way if one works the other will
also work.

> These three definitely need to be fixed ASAP.

Agreed.

>     Don't you get all of your glob2 e-mail automatically grouped???
>
> Yes, it does, but by topic, which you keep changing :P

Does your mail reader group all of the glob2 topics inside a glob2
folder?

Here is an example of part of what my mail reader shows in my glob2
folder:

  2007-07-31 [ → Globulation2 deve] [glob2-devel] new glob2 working: my first
bugs on latest version (including a crash!)
  2007-07-31     [ → Globulation2 deve]
  2007-07-31         [ → Globulation2 deve] [glob2-devel] more bugs on new
glob2 version
  2007-07-31             [ → Globulation2 deve] [glob2-devel] reducing
requested workers when at zero crash (was: more bugs on new glob2 version)
  2007-07-31             [ Leo Wandersleb      ] Re: [glob2-devel] more bugs on
new glob2 version
  2007-08-02                 [ → Globulation2 deve] [glob2-devel] drawing the
fog of war (was: more bugs on new glob2 version)
  2007-08-02                     [ Leo Wandersleb      ]
  2007-08-02                         [ → Globulation2 deve]
  2007-07-31     [ Bradley Arsenault   ] Re: [glob2-devel] new glob2 working:
my first bugs on latest version (including a crash!)
  2007-08-02         [ → Globulation2 deve]
  2007-08-02             [ Kai Antweiler       ]
  2007-08-02                 [ → Globulation2 deve] [glob2-devel] debugging
information (was: new glob2 working: my first bugs on latest version (including
a crash!))

Notice that replies are indented under the message to which they are a
reply.  My mail reader only shows the subject when it changes.

What mail reader are you using?  Maybe it has a configuration option
to make it handle replies correctly?

--
Joe