Re: [glob2-devel] new crash: “Segmentation Faul t (SDL Parachute Deploye

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new crash: “Segmentation Faul t (SDL Parachute Deployed)” (no core dump file!)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:11:51 +0200

> I guess that is an interesting info for all those who always *forget* to
> start gdb. In my case there is the problem that gdb doesn't recognize glob2
> as an executable programm and thus does nothing when i say "run".

Have you tried to use the attach command in gdb?

(gdb) help attach
Attach to a process or file outside of GDB.
This command attaches to another target, of the same type as your last
"target" command ("info files" will show your target stack).
The command may take as argument a process id or a device file.
For a process id, you must have permission to send the process a signal,
and it must have the same effective uid as the debugger.
When using "attach" with a process id, the debugger finds the
program running in the process, looking first in the current working
directory, or (if not found there) using the source file search path
(see the "directory" command).  You can also use the "file" command
to specify the program, and to load its symbol table.

--
Kai Antweiler