Re: [glob2-devel] New Wiki Download pages

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Wiki Download pages
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:07:26 -0700

Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov wrote:
Into these:
http://www.globulation2.org/wiki/Download_and_Install_new
 http://www.globulation2.org/wiki/Compiling
http://www.globulation2.org/wiki/Packages

Given the definition of the word download ("tranfer of data" -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download) I think the following breakdown
would make more sense:

wiki/Downloads
 subsection: prebuilt packages
  subsections for each OS/package type
 subsection: source - list of places where to get the source
wiki/Installation
 a section for each OS
 a short section for quick compilation instructions or a link to a
development section about compilation

I think the above resembles what is commonly done in other free
software projects. For example:

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/
http://download.openoffice.org/
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Should we stay with Download_and_Install or should we change the name to something shorter, like just download or get-glob2 ?