Re: [glob2-devel] Tutorial translation isn't detected

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Tutorial translation isn't detected
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 08:40:52 +0100

Hello,

> sorry i didn't respond earlier but translations are something i never
>  really did. at least not the tutorials.
>
> as far as i can see you are not doing anything wrong but somehow the
> translations got compiled into the map files. just look at the end of
> campaigns/tutorial-part1.map
> problem is i don't know how to integrate your scripts there but guess there
>  is some tool???

Oh yes, I forgot about this. The map editor has a "load script" button. One
should do this with the .sgsl file and then save the map.

> campaigns handling is horrible in my eyes. did not yet find out how to do
>  them without moving the map files to the maps folder to edit and back to
>  the campaign editor to use in campaigns. ...

Yes, all this is quite bad. A lot of years ago, I propose to use zip file as
the map container and to put the script inside as a file. I also designed
Libgag's virtual filesystem in this direction, but we never saw the need nor I
found the time to implement zip-based maps. However, I'm still convinced that
is the correct way to go, most serious game have this in a way or in another.

Have a nice day,

Stéphane

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net