Re: [glob2-devel] Tutorial translation isn't detected

From: Majid AL-Dharrab
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Tutorial translation isn't detected
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:35:48 +0300

OK I managed to get how it works. So you mean the "scripts" folder has no importance at all and it doesn't effect the game? Oh well.
Well then, as this will involve changing both the tutorial_part#.sgsl files AND the tutorial-part#.map files, should I say in the wiki that you will need to send the script .sgsl files or send the .map files after completing the translation?
For now I have prepared the severe update of the Arabic translation along with  the script file and the map file for tutorial part 1. They're in the attachments.

2009/12/8 Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden>
Hi

thanx Stephane for shedding some light on that issue.

> > Oh yes, I forgot about this. The map editor has a "load script" button. One
> > should do this with the .sgsl file and then save the map.

o ... k ...
Majid would you mind putting this info in the Translations Guid? Guess else this
will come up again and again.

> > Yes, all this is quite bad. A lot of years ago, I propose to use zip file as
> > the map container and to put the script inside as a file. I also designed
> > Libgag's virtual filesystem in this direction, but we never saw the need nor I
> > found the time to implement zip-based maps. However, I'm still convinced that
> > is the correct way to go, most serious game have this in a way or in another.

... what would not solve the problem that campaigns are only editable to geeks
right now.

Regards,

Leo Wandersleb