Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:42:59 +0100

Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
Clicking on the thumbnails at the
end of the video still doesn't have any effect.

I found the place where it fails, but I don't know what to make of it.

In MovieClip.cpp, there's this:

  movieclip_getURL(const fn_call& fn)
  {
      boost::intrusive_ptr<MovieClip> movieclip =
              ensureType<MovieClip>(fn.this_ptr);

When the YouTube player calls "this.getURL(destUrl);" inside a class that's derived from MovieClip, the ensureType fails. The message is: "builtin method or gettersetter for gnash::MovieClip* called from gnash::as_object* instance."

I thought this simplified case should work, but it doesn't:

  class Derived extends MovieClip
  {
        static function main(mc)
        {
            var test = new Derived();
            test.run();
        }

        function run() {
            trace(this.getSWFVersion());    // ensureType fails
                // inside movieclip_getSWFVersion()

            var mov = new MovieClip();
            trace(mov.getSWFVersion());    // ensureType fails
                // inside movieclip_getSWFVersion()
        }
  }

I don't know enough about how to "cast" an "as_object" to a MovieClip to understand what's going on. How is this supposed to work?

Kind Regards,
M.F.