Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] youtube bugs for release
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 09:10:25 +0100

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 11:42:59PM +0100, Michael Fötsch wrote:

> I thought this simplified case should work, but it doesn't:
>
>   class Derived extends MovieClip
>   {
>       static function main(mc)
>       {
>             var test = new Derived();
>             test.run();
>       }
>
>         function run() {
>             trace(this.getSWFVersion());    // ensureType fails
>                 // inside movieclip_getSWFVersion()
>
>             var mov = new MovieClip();
>             trace(mov.getSWFVersion());    // ensureType fails
>                 // inside movieclip_getSWFVersion()
>         }
>   }
>

> I don't know enough about how to "cast" an "as_object" to a MovieClip to
> understand what's going on. How is this supposed to work?

There are many such cases in Gnash. Gnash is pickier about types
than the proprietary player. This case should be not too hard to fix,
probably just change the ensureType to require an as_object should work.
Other cases are harder to fix (take XML methods, preventing Ricci Adam's
movies from working (http://www.musictheory.net/).