[Gnash-dev] Revert the subshape change until regressions are fixed? (Was

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Revert the subshape change until regressions are fixed? (Was: What is left do to o before a new release can be made?)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:30:19 +0100

Cc to Bastiaan Jacques, to make sure the author of the subshape
changes are aware of my proposal to revert the change until it is no
longer introducing regressions.

[Petter Reinholdtsen 2014-01-10]
> I had a look at http://sv.gnu.org/bugs/?40315 and the comments there,
> and the indication that the subshape changes was causing the problem.
> The subshape changes also seem to be behind the problems in bug
> #39989, and I decided to try to see if I could revert the subshape
> changes and get the flash files working.
>
> I managed to do this using the git history, and the patch to remove
> the code is attached.  It might contain a bit more than it should, so
> please review and see if parts of it is safe to apply.
>
> Perhaps the changes in this patch should be applied to master and the
> problematic changes moved to a branch until these bugs in the subshape
> change are fixed?  It should be easier to fix now that two test cases
> are available.  And perhaps some test suite tests could be created to
> detect these problems automatically?

Bastiaan, the subshape changes introduced crash bugs when using two
flash files.  These worked in the last release.  Do you have any idea
how to fix this, or is it better to revert the change (and perhaps put
it into a separate branch) and integrate it into the master branch
when the regressions are fixed?

I tried to find my way around the changes but currently lack the
mental bandwidth to wrap my head around it, and am unable to fix the
crash problems myself. :(

The complete mailing list thread can be found via
if you are not currently subscribed.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen