Re: [Gnash-dev] Revert the subshape change until regressions are fixed?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Revert the subshape change until regressions are fixed? (Was: What is left do to o before a new release can be made?)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 13:55:49 +0100

[Bastiaan Jacques]
> I have no particular opinion either way. I will fix the regressions
> before the release, but if others are happier with the changes backed
> out until the fix is available, that's fine by me.

Great to hear.  When do you plan to look at it?  If it isn't very
soon, I believe it is best to revert from master and put it in a
separate branch, but is unsure if the last resort point mentioned on
fact that we are currently discussing the change is an indication that
it is not. :)

If I understand correctly, that regression and someone having time to
wrap up the release is the only thing blocking a new release.

If Rob is willing to delegate the work of wrapping up a new release,
we might not have to wait until he is able to spend time on Gnash
again. :)

The source contain heaps of other changes since the last release, for
example the fix for the newer multimedia libraries, and it would be
good to get a new release out soon. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen