Re: [Gnash-dev] What is left do to o before a new release can be made?

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] What is left do to o before a new release can be made?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:17:34 +0100

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I asked on #gnash about the current status and what need to be fixed
> before a new release can be made, and was told by gg0 that there is
> one security issue and one blocking bug holding back the next release:
>
> #40315 tummy_trouble.swf segfaults
>
> #39989 Assertion `(_shape1.subshapes().size() ==
>        _shape2.subshapes().size()) && (_shape2.subshapes().size() ==
>        1)' failed.

I had a look at http://sv.gnu.org/bugs/?40315 and the comments there,
and the indication that the subshape changes was causing the problem.
The subshape changes also seem to be behind the problems in bug
#39989, and I decided to try to see if I could revert the subshape
changes and get the flash files working.

I managed to do this using the git history, and the patch to remove
the code is attached.  It might contain a bit more than it should, so
please review and see if parts of it is safe to apply.

Perhaps the changes in this patch should be applied to master and the
problematic changes moved to a branch until these bugs in the subshape
change are fixed?  It should be easier to fix now that two test cases
are available.  And perhaps some test suite tests could be created to
detect these problems automatically?

gg0 pointed me to <URL: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Releasing > listing
the release procedure.  Time to release?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen