gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio

From: Dave Fancella
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:07:20 -0400

On Friday 10 September 2004 09:58 pm, Anthony Jones wrote:
> The reason I am sending this email is that I think it could be mutually
> benefician for our projects to work together to a certain degree. Perhaps
> we could aim for certain levels of protocol standardisation. Perhaps also
> certain levels of interoperability, for example it may be desirable to
> produce a client application which is capable of downloading music from
> both iRATE radio and Gnomoradio.

I am not a developer on either project, in fact I joined the Gnomoradio list
to ask questions about libao (which I'm using in a different project), but I
thought I'd throw in my two cents.  ;)

I want to build a wxPython client around the Gnomoradio protocol.  If there
were to suddenly appear a C/C++ library that implemented only that protocol
(hopefully including the iRATE protocol), I would be happy to throw some
Python bindings around it.  Theoretically, bringing a wxPython app to the
same feature level as the existing Gnomoradio app shouldn't be too tricky,
the only catch being the protocol itself.

Conversely, I'd be happy to work up a Python implementation of the protocol if
a standard were to be published, but that would be duplicating work, which I
generally try to avoid.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

In Pocataligo, Georgia, it is a violation for a woman over 200 pounds
and attired in shorts to pilot or ride in an airplane.