gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:39:26 -0400

Anthony,

I am well aware of your project, and although I have not used it, I have
to say that I am a supporter based on philosophical grounds, of course.
When we announced Gnomoradio, we were not aware of its existence.
Still, Gnomoradio had existed for a long time before the announcement
(it had existed as a music player since 2000, and we had been "building
the cathedral" so to say for a while before we officially released our
goals.

I too think it would be a good idea to work together as much as
possible.  Although our implementations are very different, there are at
least a few things in common where we can most definitely work together:
rating mechanisms, metadata, and mutual philosophical support.  Our
rating mechanism is not very good right now, but I am working on a new
system.  I am interested to look into how you handle this.

Gnomoradio also has the ability to download songs that do not have RDF
descriptions since the 0.14 release.  Maybe we could even create a
shared catalog of this type of content, but it seems that you have
already done the burden of the work here :)

Let me know what you think.

Jim