gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] iRATE radio
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:39:29 -0400

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 22:07, Dave Fancella wrote:
> I want to build a wxPython client around the Gnomoradio protocol.  If there
> were to suddenly appear a C/C++ library that implemented only that protocol
> (hopefully including the iRATE protocol), I would be happy to throw some
> Python bindings around it.  Theoretically, bringing a wxPython app to the
> same feature level as the existing Gnomoradio app shouldn't be too tricky,
> the only catch being the protocol itself.

Gnomoradio itself is really split into 4 major components, as shown at
http://gnomoradio.org/devel/roadmap.php .  Basically, librainbow takes
care of all of the file sharing and network abstractions.  libroboradio
takes care of recommendations, as well as playlists and songs.  These
libraries do exist, but they do implement more then the protocol.

We'd love to have your help.

Jim