Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 18:49:50 +0100

Robert Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 02:00, Bruce Stephens wrote:

[...]

>> It's not redundant: I'm suggesting there ought to be one place where
>> the mapping between filenames and ids happens, and that place ought to
>> be one or more files in {arch}, not scattered around in .arch-ids
>> directories.
>
> If you think we should have to choose the "one true way" then I'm
> pretty sure we'll never agree.  So I think I understand your idea of
> "wrong" now.

I'm also suggesting that if we have inventory files (and patches to
them, I guess) in {arch}, then all tagging methods can use the same
implementation underneath---the different methods become different
ways of constructing the mapping between files and ids, but the
mapping itself can be consistent.  So that ought to mean that changing
tagging methods would be possible, for example.