Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:05:04 +0100

Jan Harkes <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> But people would still have to use tla move whenever they are moving
> files around. So the principle of least suprise would actually
> advocate for all moves in a given Arch working tree to be performed
> with 'tla move'.
>
> Also where is the arch-id tag for a directory stored? I would assume
> it would be in the arch-ids of the parent, but if directory moves
> are safe I guess there must be some special exception for
> directories in the code.

It's stored in the .arch-ids in the directory itself.  I find that
odd, but it's no big deal, I guess.

I must admit it seems as much coincidence as design that directory
moving doesn't need "tla move".  I wouldn't have thought that changing
that would matter to anyone.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see whether the tagline idea catches
on with other CM systems.  So far it seems restricted to arch.  (I'm
not quite sure why, since it seems a clever idea, at least for new
projects.)