[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon

From: wave++
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Call for an Icon
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:22:52 +0200

You wrote:
> It's aimed at a slightly different problem domain, but I always seem to
> use dia for `technical' drawings, which it's pretty good at (and if it
> had _one_ more feature -- the ability to modify properties of groups of
> objects all at once -- it'd be a lot better).

Dia is great for tecnical stuff.

>> But I'm trying to delay the switch to gtk2 as much as possible. I
>> dropped gnome for silly dependencies - sigh.. it's a shame that gtk2
>> become similar.
>
> Hmmm, I use debian so I never actually notice what dependencies things
> use...

I mostly use debian too, so I popped sodipodi along with gtk2. I know it
WILL make me stupid when trying to port it on irix. libart has still
these numerical instability problems, and sodipodi itself crashed three
times in ten minutes while trying to vectorize the octopus.

We're MILES away from what is today illustrator :(

--
'(wave++ "Yuri D'Elia" "http://www.yuv.info/";)