[Gnu-arch-users] Answer for an icon (Was: Call for an Icon)

From: wave++
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Answer for an icon (Was: Call for an Icon)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:34:28 +0200

You wrote:
>     > Well, it lacks some suckers.. but I'm really too tired today.
>     > If it looks appealing to some, I can finish it.
>
> Cute.  I like how, in that pose, the tentacles are reminiscent of the
> horns on the GNU gnu.  Will it scale down well, e.g. for use as the
> graphic on www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch?  or on a desktop?

Finally, I "finished" it.

  http://www.yuv.info/~wavexx/art/

octopus-backdrop.png:
        1024x768 "arch octopus" as wallpaper :)

octopus-trlogo-big.png:
        1024x768 transparent octopus (simply scaled)

octopus-trlogo-concept.png:
        an attempt to do a little arch logo.

octopus-trlogo-full.png:
        640x[] transparent octopus (scaled)

octopus-trlogo-mini.png:
        100x[] transparent small octopus, sightly retouched to
        compensate for scaling.

octopus-trlogo-small.png:
        200x[] transparent octopus (scaled)

octopus.xcf:
        The source. Simply disable the lower layers to produce the
        transparent logo.

octopus2-trasp.png:
octopus2-white.png:
octopus2.xcf:
        A second attempt to make a little arch logo.  Looks like too
        much a squid to me. Anyway, it's here.

octothing.png:
        Unfinished logo.

purple.png:
        "The Evil Purple Tentacle", from "The Day of the Tentacle". We
        may need an authorization from Lucas Arts for this one :)

Hope you will like them.

--
'(wave++ "Yuri D'Elia" "http://www.yuv.info/";)