Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release

From: Paul Hedderly
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:38:44 +0100

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:02:55PM -0500, Mark A. Flacy wrote:

> Bugs remaining:
>
>   - build hopelessly broken on anything other than the version of Debian
>     used by the author. (OK, that's hyperbole.  It's certainly broken with
>     "GNU Make 3.80" )
>
>   - no information from the make file to tell what version of ANYTHING that
>     is required to build tlator.
>
>   - no information in ANY OTHER FILE in the tarball to tell victims what
>     versions of tools are required to build tlator.
>
> These are old problems, solved by automake and autoconf a long, long, long
> time ago.  For crying out loud, could you at least provide the 3rd bullet
> in your next release?
>
> Sheesh.

Mark, I understand your frustration, and I would also understand the
tone of your mail... if you were paying for this software. I would
rather have seen a "thankyou for the code, but there are some problems
which could be solved with the autol* tools such as ..."

With Open Source we have to treat each other with respect - not demands.

--
Paul