[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Which cscvs to use?

From: Andreas Fuchs
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Which cscvs to use?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:59:23 +0000 (UTC)

On 2003-09-16, Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I believe I will suffer the same problem, except for the tree I'm
>> working with, it would be more like 16,000 commits.
>
> in one branch? whoa.

Right. I've been playing with several cscvs branches and the recipe you
gave below, and I'm pleased to announce that the current (and probably
branches from) address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.0 tree can do the right
thing, i.e. recognizes the initial import as the same changeset (the
rest is OK, too, it seems).

> The first changeset will be dependent on what went into CVS. If the
> CVS repository was created with one file, then thats what you get.

The other cscvs branches "interleaved" the changesets with changesets
from other branches, ignoring the log messages. Strange. Anyway, at
least one worked (-:

> I've branched cduffy's cscvs--experimental--1.1 into
> address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.0.
>
> I've pulled across my usability tweaks. However, it is still very
> rough around the edges. The performance is reasonable though. (And the
> squid CVS repo has ~ 10K changesets in it).

Sounds good, I'll try that one next, I think (-:

Until then, I'll have to work around work-arounds for random CVS
badness in this repository. Anyway, it's worth it, at least I
understand the arch patch format now (mostly) (-:

Have fun,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <address@hidden>, address@hidden, antifuchs