[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Which cscvs to use?

From: Andreas Fuchs
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Which cscvs to use?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:21:16 +0000 (UTC)

Today, Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
>> address@hidden/cscvs--duff--1.0
>> address@hidden/cscvs--devel--1.0
>
> majors was the original.
> cduffy has been going for performance.

Both have a bug in totla which messes up the command line to tla
commit/import (an additional ',' after the date). This causes an import
failure.

> I've been going for usability and reliability.

Right. I could get yours to work out-of-the-box. All the branches have
one problem, though: When I try to import SBCL (http://sbcl.sf.net/)
from CVS, it does not group the first CVS import into one
changeset. Instead, cscvs commits every file as a separate changeset,
which results in patch-1 to patch-300-odd with patch logs reading
"initial import", each adding one file.

> I think cduffy is merging my changes into cscvs--duff--1.0 though,
> which is good.

Great!

Thanks,
--