[Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:01:23 -0700

On Thursday, Sep 25, 2003, at 20:34 US/Pacific, Miles Bader wrote:

I don't think it's right to rename it -- whether it's good or bad seems
more a matter of personal taste than anything else -- so at best, I
think tla might support both {arch} and .arch, and allow project
maintainers to use whichever they prefer.  Note that it's basically
fixed for each project (i.e., it can't be a _user_ preference), because
changesets include explicitly named references to files underneath that
directory.

That is very interesting that {arch} is listed in the changesets as much as it does. I can understand things like changes to =tagging-method, but I wouldn't think paths to patches would be included in there. For example:

./{arch}/docs-tla/docs-tla--devo/docs-tla--devo--1.0/address@hidden 2003b/patch-log/patch-5

        I suppose patch history needs to go somewhere.

Is there anything particularly bad about .arch that would bother as many people as are bothered by {arch}?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>