[Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: 26 Sep 2003 12:34:06 +0900

Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> writes:
>       I think the directory thread kinda died of naturally with no
> resolution.  Is there any chance of anyone budging on this stuff?  The
> only argument that I've seen in favor of it is visibility, but there
> have been a few demonstrated disadvantages (including visibility).
>
>       I fear that it's going to keep coming up, so if we can't rename it,
> it'd be nice to at least have a strong argument in favor of it to
> prevent another thread like this in the future.

I don't think it's right to rename it -- whether it's good or bad seems
more a matter of personal taste than anything else -- so at best, I
think tla might support both {arch} and .arch, and allow project
maintainers to use whichever they prefer.  Note that it's basically
fixed for each project (i.e., it can't be a _user_ preference), because
changesets include explicitly named references to files underneath that
directory.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that