[Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:10:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Paul Hedderly wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 12:41:01AM +0200, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> >
> > I prefer tagline naming method, but as you say that's too deep by now.
> > Explicit tagging is by far the best choice.
>
> I prefer that you use the tagline method - and it defaults to explicit
> if you don't make taglines. That way new files can get taglines and over
> time things get nicer.

I cannot but agree with you if for one thing: as the explicit tagging
method would be automatic, what would happen to he new files created by
Andrea with taglines? It's not easy to skip them. Or is it?

> I don't know what tagging method John used for his tree. I suspect
> names. I would like to change that so that if his tree became a base
> that everyone tagged from we wouldn't be stuck with names.

I think he used names, that's why I suggest to import the entire kernel
from CVS using the available toolsthat would automate all the process.

Pau